Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cancer is a serious disease and it can make you feel pretty crappy. When you have no energy to do anything and nothing to do all day, it can be really easy to concentrate on the negatives of your life, and it's not easy to get better when you're depressed. Lucky for me, I'm an optimist! I know that God has given me this challenge for a reason, one that not everyone understands, but I do. With the help of God,  I'm going to focus on the positives of my life (which are a lot!!!). So here they are, THE PERKS OF CANCER.
I get free Hichew
My daddy buys me stuff (can you say new iPad?)
I met awesome people in the hospital. Shout out to SarahBen
I was number one in my graduating class (of one)
No homework!
People are more willing to do my bidding (insert evil laugh here)
I get to wear PJs all day without the judgment from others
My Grandmom cleans my room for me
I get to have two completely different hairstyles at one time (a shaved head and whatever hairstyle I choose for my wig)
I get tons of flowers. My house looks like a garden that I didn't have to put any work whatsoever in to
I get to eat whatever I want (my doctor recommended icecream for breakfast)
Apparently cancer makes you popular. Tons of people want to be around me now. Or maybe it makes you pretty. I'm not sure yet
I get to lose weight without dieting
I have tons more free time (I'm about to hit up the pool)
I'm eligible for more scholarships!
I get an all expenses paid trip from the Make A Wish Foundation (I'm going to ITALY)


But in all seriousness, the biggest perk is being able to see how many people love you and how much everyone really cares about you. I have been blessed with so many people who are rooting for me and praying for me. Thanks to everyone for all your support. You all give me strength and are constant reminders of why my life is awesome!
One of the many uplifting cards I have recieved

My class loves me! Thanks English 4!

Just a small portion of the beautiful garden given to me

Awesome gift from Panther Pride

3 comments:

  1. Lizzie girl you are truly amazing and an inspiration. You are truly beautiful inside and out and loved by many. You are in my thoughts and prayers. You will win this battle and have an wonderful story to share during the battle and after the victory. Keep smiling and never lose your optimistic spirit. Much love...
    Tina Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your last post! I have shared this with special people in my life and they are loving every word!!! You are so much more than most people will ever be. I love you for that, I love your strength, I love your Faith, I love your sense of humor, I love how very unselfish you are. I love you Lizzie! Prayers and hugs!

    Aunt Darby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. sweet young friend.. Love this post.. I am praying for you and know that with all of your faith everything is going to be alright. Love you more than you will ever know. You have a beautiful attitude toward any of the bad things people might think you are going though. Sweetie,, I see the faith in this post, and I know that I know that I KNOW our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, God and the Holy Spirit He sends to us everyday is with you Now,,,,,,,,,, I love ya girl............. As you are now, Blessed and Highly Favored because you have the Grace that God gives us to go through, and be Encouraged, with the beautiful blessing in your life.............. Oh, I can't wait to see the next post... I have asked for your friendship on facebook as I now know who you are and realize why it was put on my heart that I am supposed to talk with you.

    ReplyDelete