Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Giraffes

Humans have 7 vertebrae in their neck. How many do giraffes have?
Seven.

 I got to pet a giraffe! It was so cool. They're so pretty and ginormous! I got to go behind the scenes at Ellen Trout Zoo and feed the giraffes bamboo and it was absolutely amazing. You can see them swallow and then spit their food back into their mouth. It was really interesting. Thank you Nisha and Mrs. Rudis for doing that for me, not everyone can say they had the same experience.




 Oh! And I also held hands with a monkey. They have old man fingers, it's sort of creepy.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun day! I was so happy to meet you Lizzie. Nisha is so sweet and I knew I would love anyone that she did! It was such a treat to go into the giraffe exhibit. I had seen them upclose inside - but it was always behind the fence. I am so glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete