Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I can honestly say 2012 has been the most defining year of my life. I have experienced so much this year. At times it's been scary, others it's been blissful. I wouldn't be lying if I said that this year has been my most memorable year to date. I also wouldn't be lying if I said this has been the best year of my life.

I have gone through so much this year that no 18 year old should have to, but it has made me so much stronger. My life has been like a roller coaster this year and I've absolutely loved it. Sure I've cried, but I've laughed even more. I needed this year to grow into the person I am today. This year has tested me on so many levels, but I have come out on the other side a stronger and better person.

Last year my New Year's Resolutions were to get fit and be more outdoorsy. I'm pretty sure I did the exact opposite of that. This was only a reminder that I can't plan my life. At the beginning of last year I had my whole life planned out and then everything changed. Even when I adjusted my plans to fit my circumstances, things still didn't work out like I thought. I am not disappointed though, I have learned to adjust and move on, because that's the only thing you can really do. You can't decide what happens to you, but you can decide how you deal with it.

"Things didn't turn out the way they were supposed to, but what can you do? You must take life the way it comes at you and make the best of it."
-Life of Pi


No comments:

Post a Comment