Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I just wanted to share a piece of my boredom project. These toms used to be a cream canvas color. I still have to paint the other one though! I'm not going to lie, I chose to paint this because it was the coolest design that required the least amount of artistic ability. The reason I'm so bored is that I am in the hospital this week for my final round of chemo. Yes, you read that correctly. I'm in remission! I emerged victorious in my battle with cancer!I am a survivor. (To all of my past english teachers) I ain't got no more cancer in my body thanks to God and my doctors. Although this news is great and I'm super super duper happy about it, I am not ready to fully celebrate. There is a very real chance that it can recur. For the next couple of years, I will have scans every three months to see if any tumors have grown. So I ask that you still keep me in your prayers. Cancer completely changes your mindset. Pre diagnosis, I never thought about getting cancer, but now I will forever fear its return. This fear will not affect the way I live my life (besides the fact that I'm a sunscreen addict now), but it will always be in the back of my mind. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most cancer survivors think this way.



Thanks to everyone who cheered me on during this battle and followed my blog. Do y'all think that I should keep up with it, other than to update my prognosis every three months?

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie. Please keep posting! I adore reading what you have to say, whether it be about cancer or not. You are witty and intelligent and you have great things to say to the world, so keep at it, and by the way, praise god for your good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -temperance

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your news is fantastic! Thanks be to God! I am woman enough to admit I cried when I read the above to my husband. You are incredibly strong and talented. God isn't finished with you yet Lizzie. Send my love to your family and you will always be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete