Saturday, June 30, 2012

I'm supposed to be writing an article for a magazine, but I'm on the last paragraph and completely stuck. So I decided to write a new post on here. Hopefully this will get rid of my writer's block.

This week post chemo has been great! I've hardly been sick, which is really awesome, and have had energy to do fun things with friends. It's going to take a while until I can hang out like I used to, but that's expected and completely understandable (I've been taking medicine that's killing my insides!! And I'm not going to lie, it also gives me bad gas. So if you smell something funky, it was probably me.) Here's a little look at my past week.


I went bowling Wednesday night with my church youth group. I did pretty well for my usual no-bumper bowling. Scored a 64! We then went to Chickfila where I ate my Sonic double patty cheeseburger. YUMMY! Then I went to see Bernie, the new movie with Jack Black and Matthew McConaughey. I really recommend seeing it. It's not the usual stupid Jack Black movie, not that I don't enjoy Shallow Hal. He does a really good job portraying his character. Plus it's a true story about a man from Carthage, Texas. Most of the people in the movie are actual townspeople that knew Bernie. Their dialect and thoughts make the movie so great.

Thursday night I got to wear my new cowboy boots that I got for graduation. A couple of my friends and I drove to Nacogdoches to enjoy a nice dinner at Auntie Pastas. We gorged on fresh bread and enjoyed elegant conversation of menopause and hot waiters. After we all went to a friend's house and watched the season premier of Awkward, my favorite show on MTV. (Frankly it's the only one worth watching.) I then rode Phoebe's donkey

before playing my first ever game of Cops and Robbers. I would make a horrible cop in real life, we caught less than half the people the first round and zero the second. It was still super fun though!

Friday I enjoyed a nice outing with my aunt and sister. We ate yummy chicken enchiladas at a tea room before going to see an early showing of Magic Mike. BIG MISTAKE.  Most awkward movie of my life, do not go see it with family. Too be honest, the movie was not at all what I expected and I was severely disappointed in it. The dancing wasn't that great. Channing Tatum does some really good solos, but other than that it's just a lot of pelvic thrusts and men putting their business in people's faces.

Later that night I went to a friend's 50th birthday party (AKA Club Clint). The hosts had a garage? with a disco ball and sound system hooked up which made the night super fun. This was the funnest party I have ever been to! We danced all night and enjoyed the sounds of the eighties!
Are we smiling?!

No comments:

Post a Comment