Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just some thoughts

I often have conflicting feelings about seeing myself everywhere. Do I wear my "Team Lizzie" shirts, or would that be weird? Do I save a copy of the magazine I'm on, or would that be considered narcissistic ? Should I think it's cool that people can google me and all these great articles come up, or should I think it creepy that so many people have access to my life and largest battle I have ever faced. I sometimes wonder if it was the right thing to do to start my blog. Don't get me wrong, I love being able to help others by sharing my story, but have I opened myself up to danger by doing so?  I've shared so many intimate feelings that I would NEVER tell a stranger. So many people that I know nothing about know the fears and trials that I have faced over the past year. Obviously I haven't shared everything about my life, but I've come pretty close. I've shared anything from embarrassing stories to my innermost toils. I sometimes wonder if I've crossed the line, have I shared too much? I hope I haven't.

This blog has opened up a huge debate for me. Where is the line between accepting compliments/ being proud of who I am/ what I've overcome and being too into myself/ getting a big head.

I know I definitely don't want to end up like this....

This whole entry came about because I was debating  whether I should post this link or not, but I really like the article and the person who wrote it is a dear friend of mine and her words mean a lot. The rest of her blog is awesome too, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment